Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 2 Picks

So far I'm 4-2 for the season, 18-6 all-time. Let's see if I can keep improving on this record. And I'm going to wait another week before I start doing Upset Alerts again. This is going to be short since I'm going to a BBQ in an hour.

Game of the Week
Fred Jackson's Glass Knee vs Q

Only reason this is the game of the week is mainly because it's the only game where both teams have already won a game. 

Jon: So far, his team is not on a good start, losing .1 points from James Jones. Plus, losing Fred Jackson is no good. I'm not feeling Greene up against the Steelers too much but I do feel like Williams will turn things around this week. Then his two remaining receivers have good match ups so should have solid performances.

John: Looks like he can't rely on Rodgers this week, who put up horrible numbers for a player of his caliber. The rest of his team looks good to me. Even if Steve Smith doesn't play, I think it won't hurt John too bad. I'm not feeling Seahawks Defense too much. Homo is a hit or miss to me so if they can put the pressure on him, I feel like they will do well.

Final Decision: John has more players with a better match up the Jon does. Plus, he's basically playing eight players against nine since Jones had negative points. Though John did overcome that last week, I don't think Jon will do it this week. John gets the win.

Las Tortugas Bombardero vs The Amazing Core Protection

Quinton: This team got screwed over with the injury of Forte in the middle of the game. The WRs are the one who are going to look good once game day arrives. 

Fred: He had two players play on Thursday and they put up some good points, especially Crosby. And after looking at the rest of his team, I don't see why the rest won't do the same. I have nothing negative to say about their match ups for this week.

Final Decision: Fred will definitely get his redemption this week.

Eleven's Redemption vs The Lance Armstrongs

Garrick: He is still trying to get his first regular season win since some time in 2010. His RBs should put up some good numbers as they have a favorable opponent. Tamme and Thomas did well last week with Manning as their QB and I feel like they will have that same connection again unless Decker gets more involved.

Ian: I believe that Revis is out with a concussion so that favors Wallace. Rudolph is going to have another good game against the Colts. Gore did do well last week, but he's not going to be as good against the Lions. And Lions defense against the 49ers....dicey call there.

Final Decision: There are a lot of "ifs" with Garrick's team. If Maclin starts or not....if Stafford can play well against a strong 49ers defense.....if Manning goes to Decker more instead of Thomas.......with that being said, I think Garrick will somehow pull out the win over Ian. And if he doesn't, it's all Stafford's fault again.

El Champion vs Superduperstars

Steven: His big pluses are Johnson and Hernandez. White will have a good game, not a great one. I'm not sold on Crabtree at all niether even though he is looking like Alex Smith's favorite receiver.

Kevin: I'm feeling his whole team this week except I'm not on the Kevin Smith bandwagon like I was last week only because of the 49ers defense being as great as it is in stopping the run.

Final Decision: Kevin....done.

The Ox vs The DAWGS

Ryan: Awww junk, it's the Brother Bowl! I like his WRs and his RBs. But you need to keep an eye on McCoy. We all know what he is capable of but the Eagles failed to use him to his fullest potential last week. If they continue to do so, that may hurt Ryan. 

Taylor: Pretty much the same how I felt about Ryan's team. I like the match ups but just not feeling a RB. I'm still not sold on Johnson and the fact that they are going to be playing in San Diego, that just makes things a little tougher for him. And like I said before, unless Manning starts looking in Decker's direction more, I don't see him doing that great; last week proved that point.

Final Decision: In the end, big brother puts little brother in their place and shows them who the Alpha DAWG is. Taylor gets the win.

Carnegie PantyRaiders vs EL GRANDE THE TACO KINGS

Jaime: Not really feeling this team at all right now. Nicks is questionable but is good to go supposedly so no worries there. Mathews is also questionable but is a game time decision. I like Bush and V Jax but not Hillis. The only big plus isn't even on his team. It's the poor performance by Marshall and Finley on Daniel's team.

Daniel: Like I just said, Marshall and Finley both played horribly. But the rest of his team should be fine with the exception of Britt.

Final Decision: This is a tough decision. Daniel has 7 players with 3 points and Jaime has 9 players to go......eff it. Even with Hillis, who I think will have a bad game even though they are playing the Bills, will get at least 3 points, matching Finley and Marshall. Now, if the rest of Jaime's team plays, like I think they will, Jaime will get the win, with or without Mathews in his lineup. 

May the Fabs be with you.....except Fred. I hope the Madden curse gets transferred to your team somehow or they get Fred Jackson-ed.

-Quah

No comments:

Post a Comment