Tuesday, September 11, 2012

2012 Week 1 Recap

Started out the season with a 14-4 all time record. As I recap the events of this past weekend, I'm going to include Studs and Duds for each team as I analyze how their team performed.

Game of the Week: The TRONS II vs. Superduperstars

Kevin went into this week having never beaten Taylor in the regular season. I said that in the end, Kevin will get that first regular season over Taylor. And he most definitely did. Taylor's RBs and WRs did not show up at all this past weekend. His other players made up for the lack of points but because of one player on the Superduperstars, he was able to make a difference and help Kevin get the win. Kevin Smith was the Stud in this match up that made it easier for Rivers to seal the victory for Kevin. The biggest dud of this match up is also on the Superduperstars, Gregg Jennings.

Studs: The TRONS II - Bryant, Patriots Defense, Graham
Superduperstars - Smith, Foster, Austin

Duds: The TRONS II - Brown, Decker, Johnson
Superduperstars - Jennings and Bowe

Las Tortugas Bombardero vs Eleven's Redemption

Say hello to the current leader of the SNFL, yours truly, QUAHHHH!!!!!! Anyways, after the games on  Sunday, it was Jainikowski and the Ravens D vs McFadden with Garlic having a double digit lead over me. Thought it was game over for me, but Ravens showed out for me and helped me get the win of the season. Johnson and Forte played like I expected them too, as well as Wayne. And as I said with Thomas and Decker, Peyton did go with Thomas in this game and not Decker which caused Taylor to suffer. The biggest disappointment for Garlic, who is also the guy who I said will have a great game, was Stafford. He put up good yardage and only one TD but the 3 picks he threw made a big difference. Also, another costly mistake was Succop missing a field goal. This was a great match up between us but missed opportunities cost Garlic the game. Looks like he has to wait until next week to get that redemption.

Studs: Las Tortugas Bombardero - Johnson, Forte, Wayne
Eleven's Redemption - Thomas, Maclin, Texans Defense

Duds: Las Tortugas Bombardero - none
Eleven's Redemption - none

The Lance Armstrongs vs Fred Jackson's Glass Knife (Blue's Kluwes)

After suffering a loss of his star RB, Fred Jackson, Jon's team was still able to pull out a win. Both teams had their share of poor performances as well as having outstanding players show up to make up the lack of points. Rudolph definitely didn't live up to the sleeper status like I thought he would and Turner decided to make Rice do all the work apparently. I didn't expect a big game from Fred Jackson but I didn't expect it to be true because of injury (sorry Jonathan.....not really). Williams' performance was a surprise to me, making him the dud of this match up. This should've been a much bigger win for Jon but that injury killed it for him but hey, a win is a win and injuries is a part of the game. Let's see if he can adapt to the loss for now.

Studs: The Lance Armstrongs - Rice, Manning, Gore
Blue's Kluwes - Greene, Jones, Brees

Duds: The Lance Armstrongs - Turner and Lions Def
Blue's Kluwes - Williams, Jackson, Gates

The Amazing Core Protection vs Q

I think John has a thing where he tries to prove me wrong. I noticed that I seem to go against him and I'm usually wrong. I was completely wrong in this pick. Wrong about Green-Ellis, biggest surprise to me honestly, and Johnson managed to pull out a TD. The only thing I said that was true was Coby Fleener is someone to keep an eye on. Fred....I don't know where to begin. Eff, I don't even know what to say. All of his best players were chilling on his bench, straight up trolling. 

Studs: The Amazing Core Protection - His bench
Q - Rodgers, Green-Ellis, Garcon

Duds: The Amazing Core Protection - His starters
Q - David Wilson

Carnegie PantyRaiders vs The Ox

Well Newton and Jackson didn't live up to my expectations but Gonzalez pulled through for me. Bush managed to be a key factor in Miami's offense and Meachum didn't do very well. All the players I said were key for Ryan's team played well, especially Matt Ryan who is the Stud of the Week for the SNFL. McCoy should have more points but the Eagles are fools and didn't work him like the did last year. Ryan pulled off the win with the biggest margin for this week by 40.7 points.

Studs: Carnegie PantyRaiders - Kaeding and Bush
The Ox - Ryan, Ridley, Bears Defense

Duds: Carnegie PantyRaiders - Gerhart, Nicks, Meachum
The Ox - Welker and Cruz

EL GRANDE THE TACO KING vs El Champion

Well, looks like Steven wasn't able to get his first win on his own. If you want, I can help you out since you have never won without me on your team....just saying. I thought the rookie was going to get his first win of the season by beginner's luck but the Fabs don't think he's worthy of a win just yet. Mex was screwed with that last WR position but that didn't matter since Marshall and Floyd covered for him. Vick didn't show out like I thought he would. And the Jets Defense just went crazy to be this match up's stud. Not surprised at Wells' performance and Fitz was a disappointment as a dud for this team.

Studs: EL GRANDE THE TACO KING - Murray, Marshall, Jets Defense
El Champion - Akers, Hernandez, Martin

Duds: EL GRANDE THE TACO KING - Benson and Dwyer
El Champion - Wells and Fitzgerald

So I was 4-2 for the first week of football. Not too bad; this brings my overall record to 18-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment