Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 8 Recap

So this man right here got every single pick right this. Too bad I wish I ended being 5-1 with that one wrong pick being the upset I called against me but oh well. Let's recap this past week

Game of the Week: Carnegie PantyRaiders vs. Mud Eaters

Well this game was truly lived up to Game of the Week. Jaime's team definitely had the better match-up this week but Kevin's defense was this match-up's difference maker. If it wasn't for the Lions defense destroying the Broncos, giving Kevin 30 points, this game could've most definitely gone either way.
In the end, both teams end up with a 4-4 record

Upset Alert: LasTortugas NegrasHwangsaeg vs. The Lance Armstrong

Man, what a mediocre game between these two teams. Half of their teams did very well while the other half was meh. Plus, not having a TE doesn't help but it doesn't matter because I would've picked Miller up and still would've lost. I had barely had the lead going in to MNF but Sofag.......excuse me, my bad, I meant Novak, kicked a 40+ field goal in the first half to seal the win for Ian
I lose my throne on top of the SNFL and shot to Kevin's win streak record and drop down to 6-2 while Ian improves to 3-5

Team Canuckistan vs. ElevensElevenElevolutionaries

I just wanted to leave this blank because we know that Garlic can't win, but I think Jonathan would want me to say something about his team.......Team Canuckistan sucks because it's run by a Canadian and no one likes Canada. There we go. But in all seriousness, Garlic had a lead on Jonathan but with both Battle and Mathews playing in MNF, Jonathan gained enough points to beat the laughing stock of the SNFL.
Jonathan improves to 4-4 and Garlic's losing streak continues on with a record to 0-8
Also, I think Garlic should be called something else. Garlic seems like to good of a vegetable name for him, even though that's closest to his actual name. I think he should be Rutabaga or Cabbage.....no one likes cabbage. Food for thought (get it?).

Q vs. Core Protection

Record-wise, this could be Game of the Week. But looking at the match-ups, it's more like what John Lee likes to call, "Rape Feast" and that it was. Without Rodgers and DMC, John Lee didn't have a chance. And even if he did have them, I still don't think it would've been enough to beat Fred. This game is as bad as what I'm going to do to Fred when I play him in basketball: I'm going to go for the lay-up and while I'm in the air, my nuts end up dragging across Fred's face. While in mid-air, I see Taylor in the corner, wide open, and pass to him and watch him as he sinks the 3 from the corner for the game winning shot, crushing Fred's soul........oh, my bad. This is a football blog. Just imagine everything I said exactly how it is except we are using a football instead of a basketball.
Now that my day dream is over, Fred improves to 6-2 and takes over the top spot in the SFC and John Lee drops down to 5-3.

THE DAWGS vs. THE Taco Kings

Mex took down one of the projected PWC Bowl III teams, can he do it to the other one? Nope. Minus his WR2 and TE, everyone on Taylor's team came to play. This is like what Fred did to John Lee. Refer to what I said in the previous segment.
Taylor improves to 5-3 and Mex drops down to 3-5.

themadoompaloompas vs. The Ox

Again, I really don't want to say anything about this match-up since Bhavik was only playing Ryan, who is Taylor's brother and team motto is, "HELP!" for those who forgot about him. Literally, the only good thing going for Ryan is that he has Jamaal Charles and can keep him for next year. But then again, I've heard rumors that we may get rid of that before next year starts. In that case, Ryan has nothing good for him.
Bhavik takes over the throne of the SNFL with a 6-2 record and Ryan drops to 2-6.

So after 2 weeks, I now have a record of 9-3 for picks after going 6-0 this past week. Getting work done son. Remember to have your lineups set Friday since I won't be able to do it on Saturday. May the Fabs be with you, except John Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment